Saturday, January 30, 2016

Crusty envelopes, crumbling papers and that lovely ol' handwriting

Today I visited the NSW State Archives at Kingswood NSW with some fellow genies, Janelle and Hilary. Needless to say, we had a great day immersed in the documents of the past. As often happens, I put in a few orders to see old records that turned out not to be connected to my family. However, I wasn't too disappointed ... I saw this as an opportunity to collect a few examples of beautiful  handwriting; some of it was quite calligraphic (if there is such a word).

So, for your viewing pleasure, here are a few random examples of what my eyes were feasting on today. I hope you enjoy browsing through them as much as I did.



























1 comment:

  1. Interesting - and much more legible than many of the old records! For the benefit of any descendants of James KINGBURY and other people whose names appear in the images, perhaps you could add captions to the photos so that the names will be indexed by Google and other search engines.

    ReplyDelete